Friday, April 15, 2016

HARDO ALERT: Josh Pastner


(Source) But you know who doesn't like golf? New Georgia Tech coach Josh Pastner.

And now we know, via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, that Pastner will not consider any assistants for his new staff at Georgia Tech if indeed they hit the links.

“My first question to anyone I (might) hire is, ‘Do you golf?'” Pastner said this week. “If they say, ‘Yes,' you can't work for me, because that means five hours on a Sunday or on a Saturday. Can't. Don't want it. That's for my assistant coaches. Any of my assistant coaches, if they're golfers, not working for me.” 

And, to be clear, Pastner wasn't saying that an assistant coach can never be seen on a golf course ever again. Regardless, those who play regularly will have to find work elsewhere.

“I know there are going to be some fund-raising (golf events) you've got to drive around, but I couldn't handle five hours,” he said. “I couldn't handle it and I wouldn't want my staff to do it, either.”

Hear that college hoops nation? That's right, nothing but eating, sleeping, breathing hoops and recruiting for Georgia Tech assistants. If you have unlimited range balls instead of unlimited data, you need not apply to Georgia Tech.

I love how this is the what he learned the most from his days at Memphis, not that he needs someone on his bench to help him actually coach basketball.

"Why would I need an X and O's guy when I got me?" - Josh Pastner

PS - Jay Wright says, "Sup, Josh?" from a golf course.

No comments:

Post a Comment