Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Fortune Favors the Bold: Woman teacher 'blames school for her having sex with teenage student'



(Daily Mirror) A female teacher accused of sleeping with a pupil has blamed school administrators for "turning a blind eye."

Mary Beth Haglin even claimed authorities "allowed this to happen" after she was arrested for her relationship with the 17-year-old boy at Washington High in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

She told The Gazette SubCentral, a multidistrict database for substitute teachers, need to take a share of the blame, claiming they knew about the matter since February, but ignored it to protect themselves getting into the limelight.

While she said she appreciates her role and understands she made a mistake, she told the station the school dropped the ball too.


Haglin told them that even though the school said they were investigating, she was still assigned to other Cedar Rapids schools as a substitute.

While authorities say this was down to a miscommunication, Haglin says it was more like an intentional cover up.

She said: "I am not shying away from this, I am not running away from this. I am facing this head-on."

She also blamed her past, saying: "Previous abusive relationships led me into this.


"The environment the school put me in didn't help to curb anything."

The best defense is a good offense is a tremendous arguing strategy. If you don't like the conversation, be the change that you want.

However, I feel like it's not usually the best strategy in a case where you've already admitted guilt. I do however love her digging in and throwing anything at the wall hoping something sticks.

"I'm not shying away from this, but it was really there fault," actually takes my breath away. It's so misguided and cocky that you simply have to respect it. She also threw in "previous relationship abuse" into the fray. The woman is a monster.

Have to respect her pulling a Cartman though. "I understand what I did was wrong, but you must see how this is all somehow your fault, right?"

No comments:

Post a Comment