Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Unfair Double Standard Alert: 26-year old Taysom Hill Named BYU Starting QB


Wow, talk about an unbelievably unfair double standard here. Heroes Legends like Van Wilder were shamed and even cut off by their parents (It's horrible just to think about, honestly.) and the like for staying in school until they were 26, while Taysom is patted on the back. Makes you think, huh?

Pretty sure the anti-Spieth is Taysom Hill, granted he has had some gruesome injuries and I genuinely enjoy watching him play when a BYU game sneaks on a TV. It's not like I go out of my way to watch him, but it's comforting to know that he's there for me should I need him.

While Spieth is a painful reminder that I've yet and probably won't amount to much, Hill is kind of the opposite. Sure, I haven't mastered my craft and probably never will, but at least I did graduate college in the appropriate time. Life is about expectations, and I've tried everyday since August 3, 1988 to make sure my parents lower theirs for me.


Not sure, I've ever throughly enjoyed watching a beatdown in a game where I cared about neither team at all like I did when BYU murdered Manny Diaz's shooting-star career and Mack Brown in the same night. It actually got so bad at one point that I think I caught myself feeling sorry for Texas. My how the mighty fell.


PS - All that highlight showed me is Provo looks like the most miserable place in the country. Although to be fair, I guess if you're trying to repress sexual impulses, the best way to do so is make sure that everyone is bundled up.

"Challenge accepted."
PPS - Thinking about Van Wilder made me remember one of the forgotten underrated bangers of the 2000's. Here's Sugarbomb's only 2001 hit, "Hello".

  

No comments:

Post a Comment