Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Rory McIlroy Murders Brandel Chamblee at a Press Conference


(Geoff Shackleford) - Speaking the press here at Riviera on the eve of his first West Coast Swing appearance, McIlroy talked about his program and then, with a bit of an edge, referenced Golf Channel's Brandel Chamblee.

Q. You talked about golf being such a thinking game, you take such an analytical approach. In your discovery of yourself in exercise, where did nutrition and exercise become such a foundation of who you are?

RORY McILROY: It probably started at the -- probably end of 2010 is when it started because I had back problems and as a 19-, 20-year-old having back problems isn't really the -- really you're just at the start of your career, and you don't want to have to keep managing that for the rest of your career.

So it was really the middle of 2010, end of 2010 where I realized that this isn't going to get any better unless I start to take care of myself better. So getting in the gym, eating better, and I think from the start of 2011, the direct correlation between leading a healthier lifestyle and my performance on the course was the same. I won my first major in 2011. I got to the best World Ranking I had ever been in 2011, and then it just continued from there.

So I definitely feel like the more I got into exercise and fitness and everything, the better my game became. And that correlation has sort of -- they have become parallel to me.

CHRIS REIMER: Do any squats today?

RORY McILROY: Not yet. I'm planning to, though. Maybe with Brandel on my back. (Laughter)

Oh my God! I just witnessed murder in cold blood. How about a headsup, Rors, when your about to throw a jab like that. Everyone's least favorite golf "opinion maker" wasn't even ready.


I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Rory's only fault is where he was born, and that's not on him. He's remedied that mistake by living here and marrying one of our own (Even though I'm holding out hope that he dumps her the week before The Masters and goes on to win.). The debt has been paid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment