Wednesday, May 18, 2016

9 Signs that You're Smarter than the Average Person



(Indy100) - Scientists have been trying to measure intelligence for hundreds of years, and the Intelligence Quotient (IQ) tests have been one way of doing that.

However IQ tests have received criticism for at best measuring only one aspect of intelligence, and at worst, being "fundamentally flawed."

I've always loved this argument. "I'm really smart except when I have to prove it."

But here are nine other ways you could be smarter than average:

1. You speak more than one language

HA! We didn't save all of Europe from speaking German so that we could speak German. Real heroes go to Europe and make them speak their tongue. What else you got?

2. Having an IQ higher than 100

Wait a minute. So IQ doesn't matter except when it does? Also, I love this take. You are above average if you are above average. Noted.

3. Being the oldest child

As long as you said oldest and not tallest, then I'm good.




4. Being a cat person

(Quickly googles famous cat people) Einstein, Lord Byron, Dickens, Dumas, Cardinal Richelieu irnocially, Newton, Nostradamus, Churchill, Eliot, Lennon among others were all cat people, so they may have a point. HOWEVER, I would offer that these people aren't American, a fact that makes this criterion null and void. We're dog people over here.

5. You have completed a university degree

Check. Thanks, Dad.

6. You’re left handed

Flawed argument. Only like 10 percent of the population is left-handed, so the sample size is much smaller. We normal people have more opportunities for dumb people to enter the pool.


7. You’re a worrier

I'm beginning to feel like this was written by a left-handed girl.

8. You’re funny

I'm beginning to believe that this was written by a left-handed journalists. No group of people on the planet thinks they're funnier with less evidence to support the claim than journalists. 

"You just don't see the irony like I do."

"No, I do. It just wasn't funny because I didn't laugh...or chuckle for that matter."

9. You doubt your intelligence

And what little doubt I had has now completely vanished. This was definitely written by a left-handed chick. I'd be willing to accept that she's right-handed on the account that she also doubts if she is as smart as she thinks she is. She didn't want to go 9-for-9. She's a clever one...


No comments:

Post a Comment