Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Will McAvoy Lays the Smackdown on the Election of 2016's Candy Ass


Slow clap. I mean that's basically the perfect summarization of the current political climate. The media can't stop covering Trump because they think that the more they show him that the more they will expose him. How's that strategy working?

Don't give me the ratings argument either. Yes, the GOP Debates have been highly ranked but cable news ratings aren't much 

I don't think any group of people on the planet understand the way business or even the world works less than media. (Maybe academia, but they're all cut from the same cloth, ideologues.)  

I know The Newsroom went away with a whimper, but I think we can all agree that it had its moments. Season 1 was good TV, 2 was watchable, and 3...well 2-for-3 still is hall of fame stuff in baseball. Sorkin gonna Sorkin. I'm not sure there's anyone alive that I enjoy his work more that I want to hang out with less than Sorkin. He just seems like the worst kind of blowhard, yet I still am able to enjoy his work. See people, that is possible.

Also, Jeff Daniels is an absolute treasure. I just love him. Here's my favorite interview with him ever. The 5:46 mark where he describes his fate as a Lions fan is everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment